We are searching for an experienced
PROCESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER/ENGINEER
to strengthen our customers growing flexible packaging sector. Technical Process Development Engineer/Manager is a global role, and the person would be responsible for executing trials at customer sites and supporting customers in any product-related technical challenges. The focus is on the Central-European customers and the person in this position can be located to the same area. In this position, you would largely collaborate with the Business Development Team, Product Managers, and R&D Team.
Our customer is a growth company is transforming from a start-up to a scale-up company, with ever-growing interest from the market to replace current plastic packages with its novel material. Developed flexible packaging grades are designed to run on existing film operating lines. The material, however, has unique characteristics and therefore material performance in packing lines needs to be ensured through production trials. Your role would be to follow material reels to customer trials and support in packaging line adjustments and settings and report back to the R&D and Business Development Teams the findings. The position requires a fair deal of traveling and excellent knowledge of different packaging lines. The person we are searching for will need to have a willingness to think outside the box and to have good communication skills.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Evaluating material functionality in the requested end-use and converting process
- Organizing practicalities of the trial deliveries with the customer sales office
- Following the material through different converting steps when possible
- Reporting the trial outcome both to the customer and internal contact groups
- Leading the internal customer qualification processes
- Upkeeping the trial logbook and end-use database
- Supporting Product Managers in product-related documentation
- Training of internal and external stakeholders for material characteristics
- In this position, you would be based either at Customer Headquarters in Espoo, Finland, or at your home office. The position includes traveling.
- Master-level education suitable for the position
- Language skills of English and German are required. Other language skills are counted as a benefit
- Profound experience in flexible package converting processes, +5 years
- Customer-oriented mindset
- Safe working practices
- Systematic reporting mentality
- Ability to carry responsibility and implement the new ways of working to organization independently, but naturally with the peers’ support
- Ability and willingness to collaborate fluently with perky, but ambitious colleagues
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Customer company was founded in 2015 to replace oil-based plastics with a new renewable, recyclable and reusable material. It answers the multi-billion requirement of global brand owners for sustainable packaging materials. Company currently employs 25 people and is based in Espoo, Finland, and has an experienced global sales network.
We are very proud of our company culture. The hierarchy is low, and the decision-making is fast. We respect openness, the atmosphere is encouraging, inspiring and you have close to 30 team players to support you in your work.
Submit your CV and short application with salary requests immediately, or no later than April 29, 2022. The CV should show what you have achieved in different positions. We will start interviews immediately.